Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast. Great recipe for Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast. All I can say is this is one crazy delicious dish. If you purchase your fruits ripe but firm – they'll be no need for syrup or simple syrup at all.
Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, mike's tropical caribbean french toast. It is one of my favorites. This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. You can have Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast
- It’s of ● For The Egg Bread Coat.
- You need of LG Egglands Best Eggs [whisked well].
- You need of Half & Half Cream.
- You need of Pure Vanilla Extract.
- You need of Pineapple Juice.
- It’s of Sweetened Shredded Coconut [+ reserves].
- It’s of Quality Strawberry Preserves [+ reserves].
- Prepare of Dried Mint Leaves.
- Prepare of Salted Butter [to fry french toast].
- It’s of ● For The Bread.
- You need of Thick Slices Bread [texas toast works best].
- You need of ● For The Fruits [to taste – all chopped or sliced].
- Prepare of ● Note: [make certain your fruits are ripe but firm & fresh].
- It’s of Strawberries.
- You need of Bananas.
- You need of Pineapple [cubed – reserve juices].
- Prepare of Cantaloupe.
- It’s of Green Melon.
- It’s of Tangerine.
- Prepare of Grapes.
- It’s of Kiwi [peeled].
- You need of Blueberries [optional].
- Prepare of ● For The Garnish [as needed].
- You need of Shredded Sweetened Coconut Shavings.
- It’s of ● For The Options.
- You need of Rum Extract [added to egg bread coat].
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
This is gonna smell and look delicious. Second Podcast of the new French Toast Podcast Series. Whisk eggs in a deep bowl, then whisk in coconut milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt until sugar is dissolved. See recipes for Mike's Faux Bananas Foster French Toast too.
Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast step by step
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need..
- Whisk everything in your egg bread coat section..
- Chop all of your firm but ripe fruits. You'll want them sweet. It'll keep you from having to use Simple or Maple Syrup..
- Go with with a thick sliced Artisanal bread or Texas Toast..
- Dip your bread into your egg mixture and coat again with sweetened shredded coconut on both sides..
- This recipe goes great with thick sliced homemade banana bread as well. Just follow the same directions. ;0).
- Garnish with additional shredded coconut. The homemade strawberry preserves really do make this dish so feel free to serve it to the side for dipping. You'll even be able to forgo syrup with it. Enjoy!.
Caribbean cuisine reflects the mixed origins of its recipes, from African influences to Portuguese, French, Spanish, Latin American, and in some cases, even Chinese and Jewish roots. Many of the sweet flavors and fruity aromas associated with Caribbean cuisine are also influenced by the tropical setting of its islands. Home » Coffee Coconut French Toast Caribbean Fusion. Coffee Coconut French Toast Caribbean Fusion. Flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla bean and topped with spiced, rum-soaked pineapples, this toast has tropical flair to spare.