French toast. I added all of the spices as suggested and enjoyed the taste, although I would probably use less nutmeg next time. I used the rest of a loaf of french bread that we had bought the night before, so that made it extra tastey. I also followed another reviewer's suggestion and covered the pan with a lid so the middle.
If you are feeling adventurous, you can even make French toast in a mug ! French toast is a satisfying comfort food for any time of day. Check out a step-by-step how-to from the experts in Food Network Kitchen for perfect slices, every time. You can cook French toast using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French toast
- It’s 8-10 of Bread slices.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s as needed of Honey to pour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare pinch of cinnamon powder.
Thanks to our partnership with Borderfree, a trusted third-party service, you can send your FrenchToast.com purchases around the globe with ease and confidence. Preheat a greased griddle over medium heat. Cook on griddle until golden brown on both sides. A delicious recipe for vegan French toast.
French toast instructions
- Take the bread slices and cut them in half..
- Break the eggs and pour them into the milk add a pinch of salt and sprinkle cinnamon powder..
- Heat the frying pan, heat it on low. Then add oil to it..
- When oil gets hot dip the bread slices into the milk and egg liquid..
- After dipping the bread slices remove them and put them on the frying pan..
- See that both the sides get fried proper and golden cover is seen.
- When you see that both the sides of bread are fried proper in the oil. Remove them on a plate. Pour honey onto the bread slices..
Add a mashed banana or a few tablespoons of applesauce to the mix for added sweetness and flavor. Add fresh berries or crushed nuts to the mix if you wish for even more variety. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet, and set aside. French toast can be made out of most kinds of bread, but the thicker and heartier the loaf, the better it will absorb the eggs and milk. Sourdough, challah, and brioche are all classic French toast.