German chocolate cake. This German chocolate cake recipe is one of Betty Crocker's most popular desserts, and for good reason. The step-by-step instructions clearly walk you through the process you need to create a homemade masterpiece. For bakers who want to learn more about how to make the perfect cake, this easy German chocolate cake recipe is the ideal hands-on.
Grease waxed paper and set aside. In small saucepan, melt chocolate with water over low heat; cool. German Chocolate Cake is a sweet chocolate cake that is filled and frosted with rich, sticky coconut, and pecan filling. You can cook German chocolate cake using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German chocolate cake
- Prepare of flour.
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of tbpn of baking powder.
- It’s of baking soda.
- Prepare of cocoa powder.
- It’s of powdered milk.
- You need of oil.
- It’s of boiling water.
- It’s of tbpn of vanilla flavour.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of and half cups of sugar.
- Prepare of For the butter cream:.
- You need of icing sugar.
- It’s of simas butter.
- You need of tbpn of powdered milk.
- Prepare of Sprinkle's.
- It’s of Blue colour.
- You need of Brown colour.
- It’s of Chocolate syrup.
Despite its name, the cake isn't German at all. Stir together cocoa and water in small bowl until smooth; set aside. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
German chocolate cake instructions
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredient's and mix them well..
- Add eggs, oil, milk(mix the milk with one cup of water) and vanilla. Beat on medium speed of mixer for 2mins..
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and add 1 cup of warm water and mix it well. Pour batter into prepared pans..
- Bake for 40 to 45mins..
- For the butter frosting: combine butter and icing sugar and mix it well till becomes fluffy. Then add the powdered milk and mix it well..
- For the chocolate frosting, I used 1 cup of icing sugar, 1 tbpn of powdered milk, 2 tbpn of cocoa powder, 1 cup of butter and half cup of chocolate syrup. Mix them all till becomes very fluffy..
- Decorates your cake as desired..
Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with chocolate mixture and buttermilk, beating just enough to blend. Allow chocolate to melt while you combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with eggs and buttermilk until combined. One of my husband's favorites that he has requested multiple times! I like to spread the frosting on the sides too.