Beef pilau&stir fried Veggies #foodphotography. Brown beef in a dutch oven, half at a time, in hot oil. Remove and set aside, reserving drippings. In drippings, cook onion and garlic till tender but not brown.
Keep the soup for cooking rice. This Beef Pilau is a seasoned rice pilaf with beef, potatoes, and familiar spices, that can serve as a one dish meal. Pilau, or Pulao, however you prefer to spell it, is a comforting rice dish, with meat, potatoes, and lots of spices! You can cook Beef pilau & stir fried Veggies #foodphotography using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef pilau & stir fried Veggies #foodphotography
- It’s of Veggies.
- It’s of Green, red yellow pepper (hobo).
- Prepare 2 pcs of onions.
- You need 2 tbspn of margarine.
- You need 2 pcs of Carrots.
- You need of Pilau.
- You need 1/4 of Beef.
- You need 1 tbspn of Cumin seed.
- It’s 3 of onions chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of Pilau masala.
- Prepare 50 g of Tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbspn of Fresh ginger/garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Pishori rice.
- It’s of Mango chutney recipe is in my previous post.
It is a popular one-dish meal throughout India and Pakistan! Beef Pilau – A One Dish Meal This beef pilau rice is a mouth-watering rice dish cooked in a broth, seasoned with oriental spices like cardamom, cinnamon, star anise and cloves to mention but a few. Depending on the Pilau recipe, it may contain fish, chicken, vegetables, and even dried fruits like raisins. Kenyan beef pilau is a popular dish and beloved by many.
Beef pilau&stir fried Veggies #foodphotography step by step
- Wash and dice the onions, cut the carrots, green,red and yellow pepper into Julienne strips..
- Boil water and add salt to taste, Blanch each vegg separately. Melt the margarine in a pan.sweat the onions and add the vegetables starting with carrots then peppers. Stir fry for 2 mints, season with salt and serve hot..
- Pilau:Brown your beef in a pan with a pinch of cumin seeds Fry the onions until they cook well and add in the cooked brown beef. Add garlic, ginger paste, pilau masala,tomato paste and cumin seeds. Stir for a mint and add water ratio 1:2 bring to a boil add the rice and cook for 20 mints..
- Season with salt and (pepper optional) mix well with rice fork and simmer till well cooked, serve sprinked with dania.
I love love love my pilau! I pride myself in making very tasty pilau as well. If I am making it for myself I will definitely make it spicier coz as we all know by now, I love spice. Beef pilau is a very popular dish among the Swahili people who live along the Kenyan coast. It is served in all their social gatherings.