Bengali khichuri recipe. Bengali khichdi recipe with step by step photos. Bhaja muger dal khichuri is a delicious one-pot meal of rice, moong dal and vegetables. This Bengali khichuri recipe is always made during durga puja festival.
Khichuri is a delicious comfort dish, customary to cook during religious festivals in Bengal. Khichuri is very popular Bengali dish and it’s always being a personal favorite too for me. There is a non-veg version of this recipes as well. You can cook Bengali khichuri recipe using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bengali khichuri recipe
- It’s 2 cups of Rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of Moong dal.
- It’s As needed of vegetables.
- Prepare As needed of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of Potato.
- It’s 1 of Beans.
- Prepare 500 grams of Peas total vegetables.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- Prepare 2 of onion chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of jeera powder roasted.
- Prepare 2 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of haldi powder.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 4 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare 4 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions chopped for garnishing fried onions.
- You need As needed of garnishing green coriander leaves.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/2 inch of dalchini / cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of cloves.
- You need 2 of elaichi / cardamom.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 9 cups of water.
Bengali Bhuni Khichuri was one of the dishes I cooked all through the Dugra Pujo. I was able to click a few decent pictures as well. Moreover, I experimented with the recipe and finally, here I am with an easy to do the process of making perfect Bengali Bhuni Khichuri. Now, add the onion to it and fry till turns golden in colour.
Bengali khichuri recipe step by step
- First take the moong dal roast the light brown colour and keep aside.
- Chopped all the vegetables. Soak the rice for 15 minutes…
- Fry two onions brown colour for garnishing..
- In a pan put 2 tsp oil and heat it then add potato fry for 1 minute then add all the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker put oil and ghee and add bay leaves, cloves, cardamom and dalchini,jeera and add onions fry for 2 minutes then add tomatoes fry for one minute then add ginger garlic paste and add red chilli powder c**** powder and haldi powder and fry for few seconds then add fry vegetables and roast moong dal and mix well then add rice and fry for 2 minutes then add water how much you need and last you can add salt to taste and garam masala….
- Close the pressure cooker and take 4 whistles and off the flame and cool it then open and garnish with fried onion and coriander leaves and put one tablespoon ghee. Masala khichdi is ready it is very delicious……..
Unlike the regular khichdi recipe, Bengali khichuri follows an extensive cooking process and takes some extra time. You need to first make a masala with whole garam masala and ginger paste. Once the dal turns light golden brown, remove from heat. Bengali Khichuri Recipe Bengali khichuri is an explosion of taste, aromas and flavours. Made with Gobindobhog rice, roasted moong ki daal, vegetables, whole spices and desi ghee.