Chicken Biryani Recipe. Top with the rice and spices and then drizzle the saffron milk over the rice. Add chili, pepper, turmeric, cumin, salt and the tomatoes. Squeeze in juice from one half of the lemon.
For preparing this amazing and mouth-watering Biryani recipe, chicken is marinated in yoghurt and a mix of spices and then cooked using slow-cooking method. Traditional chicken biryani is made by layering marinated chicken and then layered with parboiled rice, herbs,saffron milk & then ghee. I have shared that traditional hyderabadi biryani here. You can cook Chicken Biryani Recipe using 37 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Prepare of For Chicken:.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Oil.
- Prepare of Pyaz (Onion) sliced 3 medium.
- It’s 1 tbs of Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste).
- It’s 1/2 kg of Chicken.
- You need 8-9 of Sabut kali mirch (Black pepper corns).
- Prepare 1 of Baadiyan ka phool (Star anise).
- It’s 2 of Darchini (Cinnamon sticks).
- You need 4-5 of Laung (Cloves).
- Prepare 1 of Badi elaichi (Black cardamom).
- It’s 4 of Hari elaichi (Green cardamom).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Zeera (Cumin seeds).
- Prepare of Lal mirch powder (Red chilli powder) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Haldee powder (Turmeric powder).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Zeera powder (Cumin powder).
- You need 1 tsp of Dhania powder (Coriander powder).
- You need of Namak (Salt) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste.
- It’s 1 of Tez paat (Bay leaf).
- You need 3/4 Cup of Dahi (Yogurt).
- It’s of Tamatar (Tomatoes) cubes 3 medium.
- Prepare 4-5 of Hari mirch (Green chilies).
- You need 5-6 of Aloo Bukhara (Plums).
- Prepare handful of Hara dhania (Green coriander).
- Prepare handful of Podina (Mint leaves).
- It’s 2 tbs of lemon juice.
- Prepare of For Dum:.
- Prepare of Chawal (Rice) Basmati sella ½ kg (soaked and boiled with whole spices & salt).
- Prepare 2-3 of Aloo (Potatoes) boiled.
- You need of Pyaz (Onion) fried.
- Prepare 2 tbs of Lemon juice.
- It’s of Remaining cooked rice.
- You need 1-2 tbs of Pani (Water).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Zarda ka rang (Yellow food colour).
- Prepare of Pyaz (Onion) fried.
- It’s 1 tbs of Oil.
- It’s of Shimla Mirch (Optional).
Soak the rice in warm water, then wash in cold until the water runs clear. Sprinkle in the turmeric, then add chicken and curry paste; cook till aromatic. Stir the rice into the pan with the raisins, then pour over the stock. Add the chicken and massage well to coat with marinade.
Chicken Biryani Recipe step by step
- Pot mein oil aur pyaz dal kar golden brown fry kar lein,fried pyaz ki adhe quantity bahir nikal kar side per rakh dein..
- Baqi fried pyaz mein adrak lehsan paste dal kar ache tarhan mix kar lein..
- Chicken shamil karein aur chicken ka rang tabdeel hunay tak fry lein..
- Sabut kali mirch,baadiyan ka phool,darchini,laung,badi elaichi,hari elaichi,zeera,lal micrh powder, haldee powder,garam masala powder,zeera powder,dhania powder,namak,tez paat aur dahi dal kar ache tarhan mix karein aur 4-5 minutes kliya paka lein..
- Tamatar dal kar ache tarhan mix kar lein..
- Hari mirchein,aloo bukhara,hara dhania aur podina dal kar ache tarhan mix karein..
- Dhak kar 6-8 minutes kliya paka lein..
- For Dum: Cooked chicken & gravy ki adhe quantity ko bahir nikla kar rakh dein,lemon juice,cooked chawal,boiled aloo, remaining cooked chicken,fried pyaz,lemon juice,baqi bachay hoye cooked chawal,pani,zarda ka rang, Shimla Mirch aur oil dal dein,dhak kar 10 minutes kliya steam cook kar lein..
- Mazedar Sindhi Biaryani tayar hai isy podiny ke chutni ke sath serve kry aur Enjoy kry..
Cook the biryani Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and cover the pan. How to Make Chicken Biryani Wash chicken thighs, for faster cooking make a ½ ” slit into chicken thigh meat on either side of the chicken, then wipe with a paper towel. Add chicken to a bowl then add garlic, ginger, white pepper, cumin. In this easy biryani recipe, chicken is diced into small pieces before hitting the pan, which cuts down cooking time. While I love using fresh ginger root whenever possible, I don’t always have a good chunk of it on hand.