Chilli Sambal Fried Rice with Prawns & Sausages. Great recipe for Chilli Sambal Fried Rice with Prawns & Sausages. #riceisthebest – A wholesome fried rice dish can be made in no time with some leftover rice. So here is just that, with sliced bell peppers, spring onion, few prawns and sausages thrown in. This fried rice dish is loosely based on an Indonesian (Javanese) rice dish called nasi goreng.
Once the rice is fried, add the fried chicken as well as all the sambal paste. Add the beans and toss again. Also add the dark sweet soy sauce (or keycap manis), chili sauce (or ketchup) and salt to taste. You can cook Chilli Sambal Fried Rice with Prawns & Sausages using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chilli Sambal Fried Rice with Prawns & Sausages
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 2 of dry red chilies.
- You need 1 tsp. of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of coloured Bell Peppers, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of spring onions, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp. of chilli sambal paste (recipe is given below).
- It’s 1/2 cup of prawns.
- You need 2 of sausages, sliced.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 of fried egg to serve.
- It’s of Chilli Sambal -.
- You need 15-20 of dry red chilies, soaked for an hour.
- You need 2-3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of lemongrass, sliced.
- You need 8-10 of shallots.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of sugar.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of dried anchovies, cleaned, drained & pat dry.
Toss well till the color is evenly distributed and check for seasoning. Now add salt, pepper, all the sauces (sriracha, sambal, and soy sauce) and vinegar. Stir everything until the first boil. Now add the cooked shrimp, veggies, egg, and cooked rice.
Chilli Sambal Fried Rice with Prawns & Sausages instructions
- Fried Rice – Heat oil in a pan & saute dry chilies, ginger, garlic till they change colour..
- Add the onions, prawns and sausages. Fry till light brown..
- Add the cooked rice, salt and chilli sambal. Mix everything well..
- Add the bell peppers, spring onion & pepper powder. Saute for 2 minutes..
- Add tomato ketchup and give it a mix..
- Serve hot with fried egg..
- Chilli Sambal – Heat oil in a pan and fry the anchovies till crisp. Drain on a kitchen towel. When cool, grind along with chilies, garlic, lemongrass, shallots, salt, vinegar and sugar to a smooth paste..
- Heat the same oil in which the anchovies were fried. Saute the prepared paste on a low flame till it turns slightly dark brown in colour and the oil starts to separate from the sides of the pan. Serve along with fried rice..