Cracked Wheat Fried “Rice”. Great recipe for Cracked Wheat Fried “Rice”. Of course this is not “rice”, but here is the recipe to cook cracked wheat (daliya) in form of fried rice. This is a healthy take on everyone’s favorite Chinese takeout!
Bring both pans to a boil and then reduce to a low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the base. Cook until the wheat, dhal and rice are soft and tender. You can have Cracked Wheat Fried “Rice” using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cracked Wheat Fried “Rice“
- Prepare 1 cup of cracked wheat.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 of carrot, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of spinach, chopped (who adds spinach to fried rice, we do! Remember heathifying the recipe ;)).
- You need 1/4 cup of corn.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of french beans, chopped.
- It’s 3-4 of scallions, chopped.
- You need 2-3 of green chillies, chopped.
- You need 8-10 of soya nuggets, cut into small pieces.
- You need 8-10 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Schezwan paste.
- Prepare 1tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1tsp of tomato sauce (optional).
- Prepare To taste of salt.
Wash and drain the cracked wheat and dal together. Add oil and ghee and once hot, add the cumin seeds, black peppercorns and green chillies. Once the cumin starts to sizzle, add the washed and drained dal mixture, grated ginger and turmeric powder. Boil the rice in two cups of water.
Cracked Wheat Fried “Rice” instructions
- Rinse the cracked wheat a few times in cold water..
- Bring water and cracked wheat to a boil. Season with salt..
- Once the cracked wheat are fluffy and cooked thoroughly. Remove from heat, drain out the water completely and keep aside..
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the garlic, onion, green chillies and scallions and cook about 2 minutes. Then add carrot, spinach, corn, beans, soya nuggets and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add salt, Schezwan paste, soy sauce, tomato sauce and stir for a minute..
- Then add the boil cracked wheat into the pan and cook well..
- Garnish with remaining scallions and sesame seeds..
Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add all the vegetables except the spring onion greens. Method: Heat ghee/oil and fry onion, ginger-garlic paste. When the onions turn translucent, add vegetables, cracked wheat, coconut, chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder, salt.