White Chicken Chili. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook chicken and onion in oil until lightly browned. Stir in the broth, chiles, cumin, oregano and cayenne; bring to a boil. With a potato masher, mash one can of beans until smooth.
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Season the vegetables with salt, and pepper, to taste. Stir in the chicken stock, and lime. You can cook White Chicken Chili using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of White Chicken Chili
- It’s of Roasted Chicken Ingredients.
- You need 3 of chicken quarters.
- Prepare of Bbq chicken rub mix (see my recipe).
- Prepare of cayenne pepper powder.
- It’s of Chili Base Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of poblano peppers.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ancho chile pepper.
- You need dash of Adobe seasoning.
- It’s dash of sazon seasoning.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 can of rotel.
- You need 1 can of chopped green chile’s.
- You need 1 can of great northern beans (drained and rinsed).
- Prepare 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed).
- Prepare 1 can of chicken broth low sodium.
- You need of White sauce ingredients.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of all purpose gluten free flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of low fat goats milk.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth low sodium.
- It’s dash of mustard powder.
- Prepare dash of sweet paprika.
- Prepare dash of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried chives.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried cilantro.
Flavorful White Chili For a tasty twist on conventional chili, try this low-fat version. It’s packed with plenty of beans, tender grilled chicken and a zippy blend of spices. —Wilda Bensenhaver of Deland, Florida Chicken, great Northern beans, white corn, green chile peppers, and taco seasoning combine in a slow cooker to make this award-winning chili. Chicken, great Northern beans, white corn, green chile peppers, and taco seasoning combine in a slow cooker to make this award-winning chili. In a large pot, over medium heat, heat oil.
White Chicken Chili step by step
- Cook in 3 steps, roast chicken, simmer the chili base and make the white sauce..
- Dust the chicken with the barbecue rub and cayenne pepper on both sides..
- Roast the chicken at 385 covered for 2 hours then uncover and cook for another 30 minutes..
- Now that the chicken is in the oven start making the chili base. Chop the onion, poblano and garlic. Sweat in a dutch oven covered for 20 minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients of the chili base and bring to a simmer..
- When the chicken is done and cooling start making the white sauce by adding 1 tablespoon of the chicken drippings a splash of canola oil and 2 tablespoons of the AP GF flour to a sauce pan. Regular AP flour can be used if preferred..
- Cook the flour in the oil for 10 minutes or until the raw taste is gone..
- Slowly incorporate the chicken broth, goat’s milk and seasonings whisking continuously. Do not allow to boil! The sauce should be slightly thick, enough to coat a spoon but still be liquid – we’re not making sausage gravy here 🙂 Cover and keep warm..
- Shred the chicken and add to the chili base..
- Add the white sauce to the chicken and chili base. Return to a simmer cook for 30 minutes then remove from heat..
- Cool to desired temperature and serve over cornbread..
Mix the cumin, coriander, oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and a few grinds of pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the spices over the chicken. Add the beans, green chiles, garlic and chicken broth to the slow cooker and stir it all around. Flavorful White Chicken Chili made with hearty beans, tender chicken, and a rich and creamy broth. It’s a great alternative to traditional beef chili and makes for a super satisfying dinner!