Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam). Soto ayam is a chicken soup dish originated from Indonesia and is popular in Malaysia and Singapore. However, you have to take a paradigm shift to appreciate it. Unlike a creamy soup, it’s a clear soup with loads of ingredients and condiments.
Put the chicken, water, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, cover, lower heat, and simmer gently until the chicken is soft. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, discard the skin and remove the flesh from the bones, shredding it finely by hand. You can have Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) using 27 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam)
- It’s of For Broth.
- It’s of Chicken (i use around 300gr).
- It’s 1 litre of Water for boil.
- You need 3 of Bay Leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Lemon grass powder (fresh will be better).
- It’s 1 tsp of dried Galangal (fresh will better).
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger powder + 1 dried ginger (fresh will be better).
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of shallots (i used red onion).
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 2 of candlenuts.
- You need 1/4 of nutmeg since i dont wan’t strong taste of it.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of For Servings.
- Prepare of Boiled eggs.
- Prepare of White cabbage – shredded.
- You need of Green onion – chopped.
- You need of Bean sprouts.
- You need of Perkedel.
- It’s of Fried onion (see in my other recipe).
- You need of Vermicelli noodles (i don’t have, i use rice).
- It’s of Kaffir limes (i use lemon).
- You need of Sambal (chili sauce/ paste).
- Prepare of Sweet soya sauce.
DIRECTIONS In a food processor, combine garlic, sliced shallots, macadamia nuts, galangal, and turmeric. Process mixture to a paste, scraping container sides as needed. (Or chop ingredients with a knife, then whirl in a blender to a paste.). Marion’s Kitchen is packed with simple and delicious Asian recipes and food ideas. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style.
Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) instructions
- Prepare Pot, put 1 litre water. Boil it. Add chicken and bay leaves.
- Smash garlic, candlenuts, coriander seeds, ginger, galangal, nutmeg and onion until it become paste (you can use food processor).
- Fry the paste add turmeric powder, lemongrass powder, cumin powder, salt & white pepper.
- Add the fried seasonings above into pot.
- After the chicken cooked well take chicken, let it cool and shred it..
- Meanwhile prepare for servings, soak bean sprouts and white cabbage in hot water until it soft and rinse it.
- The servings, shredded white cabbage, tomatoes, bean sprouts, shredded chicken, chopped green onions, boiled eggs, fried onion, fritter potato (Perkedel/ frikadel).
- Meanwhile prepare your bowl, fill with vermicelli / rice / rice cake shredded cabagge, bean sprouts, sambal, green onion, boiled egg halved, add the broth. Add fried onion & perkedel.
- With rice cake (Lontong).
Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup. This is an easy, healthy, homemade soup that can be made from scratch. Prepared with a simple aromatic chicken broth that’s infused with Asian spices, this soup is flavourful on its own. But, when generously ladled over noodles, topped with chunky, juicy, tender chicken pieces, slices of boiled. Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup) is another popular dish in Indonesia.