Prawn Biryani. Place rice with enough water to cover in a small bowl. Prawn biryani aka shrimp biryani is popular as jheenga or jhinga biryani locally in India. Spicy shrimp masala layered with crisp fried onions and fragrant basmati rice, slow cooked to perfection, divine!
Since the cook time for prawns is lesser the way I dum cook them in a biryani is different. Biryani is a delicious dish made from layering rice with a mixture of yogurt and spice marinated meat, chicken or prawns. In this case, I used prawns and the combination of the yogurt and ginger garlic marinated prawns with the rice was fantastic. You can cook Prawn Biryani using 33 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Biryani
- It’s 1 kg of prawns (cleaned).
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of Whole garam masala for prawns.
- Prepare 9 of cloves.
- Prepare 9 of black pepper.
- You need 3 of cardamom.
- It’s 1 stick of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cuminseeds.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 3 of onions sliced.
- You need 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger garlic and chilli paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Biryani masala(check in my recipe list).
- It’s 2 cups of mixed vegetables (your choice).
- It’s 3 cup of basmati rice soaked in water.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes died and fried.
- It’s 2-3 of green slit chillies.
- Prepare 1 cup of coriander leaves and mint leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of fried onions.
- You need 3 of food colour red,green and yellow.
- You need as required of Biryani rice.
- It’s 4 of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 of cardamom.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 3 of cloves.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 3 tbsp of salt.
Prawns biryani is a flavourful made using prawns or jingga and basmati rice. Prawns is marinated with spices and caramelized onions which adds a lovely flavour to the prawns. It is layered and cooked along with parboiled basmati rice. Saffron milk is also added for added flavour and colour.
Prawn Biryani instructions
- First chopped all the vegetables, remove whole garam masala for prawns in a plate.Now heat oil in a vessel and add in garam masala with sliced onions and saute for few minutes..
- Now add ginger,garlic and chilli paste, tomatoes,turmeric, red chilli powder,salt and coriander powder.saute few minutes.
- Now add prawns with garam masala powder and Biryani masala powder and mix well.now add the vegetables and mix well..
- Now lastly add coriander leaves, mint leaves,slit green chillies,lemon juice with fried potatoes and mix well.now prawns masala is ready.
- Now boil rice with above ingredients from Biryani rice in sufficient water. When rice is 80% done strain in colander.now take one big vessel. Now make each layer of rice with layer of prawn masala.now on last later put some drops of food colour. Cover the lid and simmer for 10 mins..
- Open the lid and mix up from sides.ganish with fried onions, serve hot and enjoy3.
This king prawn biryani is flavoursome, fragrant and delicious. Serve with some cooling yoghurt and mint raita spooned over the top! When you want to eat biryani and you have very less time to prepare or if you don’t want to get stuck in the kitchen for hours, Prawns Biryani is the best option. because the marination time for prawns is very less, unlike goat meat and chicken. This prawn saffron biryani is a lighter and zestier version of its meatier counterpart. I love the idea that an entire meal is made in one pot.