Prawn Flavoured Fried Tofu. Place enough corn flour in a bowl to coat each piece of cut tofu. Coat cut tofu with corn flour and transfer them straight to hot oil. Make sure to put rack on a tray, this is to drain any excess oil.
Line a square steaming tray with baking paper with two long sides overhang for easy lifting of the Cooked tofu later. Next, Place all ingredients in A into a food processor and blitz into a smooth paste.. The tofu and prawns are paired in a sweet and sour sauce made with salty fish sauce and brightly flavored herbs. You can have Prawn Flavoured Fried Tofu using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Flavoured Fried Tofu
- Prepare of A. The Tofu.
- You need 250 g of Cooked & Peeled Shrimp.
- You need 3 of tubes Japanese egg tofu.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 3 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need 2 of Firm tofu (500g).
- You need 2 tsp of chicken seasoning pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare of B. The Chilli Sauce (Optional).
- It’s 3-5 of big red chilies – deseeded.
- Prepare 3 of bird eyed chilies (or more).
- It’s 1/2 of big lemon – juiced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- You need 1/4 c of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 c of water.
- It’s 1/4 c of peeled Garlic.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- It’s of Note:.
- Prepare 1 of . Use any type of sauce or store bought sauce for dipping. Here, we sometimes use either Vegemite or Brovil.
- Prepare 2 of . Dip this tofu in any sauce or make this one. Recipe for the sauce here is best served with steamed Chicken Rice.
Fried Tofu and Prawns in Sweet and Sour Fish Sauce is an authentic taste of Southeast Asia. Tofu in Asian Cooking- Tofu is used throughout Asia in many different cuisines and styles of cooking. Prawn Flavoured Fried Tofu Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, prawn flavoured fried tofu.
Prawn Flavoured Fried Tofu instructions
- A – Prepare a steamer and leave to water in the steamer to boil. Line a square steaming tray with baking paper with two long sides overhang for easy lifting of the Cooked tofu later..
- Next, Place all ingredients in A into a food processor and blitz into a smooth paste. Pour this into a steaming tray. Cover steaming tray with aluminum foil. Steam for 30-35 minutes until set..
- Remove tofu from the tray once tofu is completely cool. Cut into small squares..
- Place enough corn flour in a bowl to coat each piece of cut tofu. Heat oil in a pan. Coat cut tofu with corn flour and transfer them straight to hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Place on a cooling rack. Make sure to put rack on a tray, this is to drain any excess oil. Serve with any sauce or simple chili sauce in B..
- B – Blend everything in B until it turns into a fine sauce. Refrigerate and use clean and dry spoon to scoop content when needed..
It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. This Chinese Shrimp (Chinese Prawn) and Tofu recipe is suitable for any occasion. Heat up wok or skillet and add cooking oil.