Fried eggplants #my mum’s recipe. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in crumbs, and place in hot oil. Coat the eggplant in flour, then egg (let any excess drip off), then breadcrumbs.
Pour oil into a large iron skillet over medium heat. Coat a handful eggplant slices with the flour mixture. Transfer to paper towel-lined baking sheet. You can have Fried eggplants #my mum’s recipe using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried eggplants #my mum’s recipe
- You need 4 of medium sized eggplants well diced.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes chopped.
- You need 5 of potatoes chopped in medium size.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 of chopped capsicum.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need 2 of finely chopped garlic cloves.
Season with additional salt and pepper. The best way to monitor the temperature is to use a deep fry or candy thermometer; or, you can drop a small piece of bread into the oil. One of the best ways to enjoy eggplant is air fried! These crispy eggplant slices are super easy to assemble and “air fry” up and have way less oil and calories than traditionally cooked deep-fried eggplant.
Fried eggplants #my mum’s recipe step by step
- Onto your sufuria on medium heat add the oil,a pinch of salt and onions then cook till the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Follow that up with the eggplants and the potatoes-season with some salt and the pepper. Stir and cover them to absorb on the flavors for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes,capsicum and stir once again for about 5more minutes.
- Add a 1/4cup of water,stir and cover it then leave it to cook for about 7minutes on low heat.
- If you can cut through the potatoes with ease then your meal is ready. Serve with rice or ugali.
- Be sure not to overcook the eggplants or add too much water on them cause you don’t want to have mashy eggplants.
Plus there are so many ways to use them! The eggplant is sliced and prepared with salt before being dipped in a flour and egg batter and fried in olive oil until golden and crispy. Juicy on the inside, perfectly seasoned, and satisfactorily crisp on the outside, we guarantee you have not had eggplant quite like this before. Fried eggplant is a great vegetarian dish that has a wonderful texture and is super satisfying. The best part of this fried eggplant recipe is that it is one of the most simple and easy ways to prepare eggplants in a most delicious way!