Girmit recipe/masala puffed rice. Girmit recipe is a very popular street food from North Karnataka prepared from puffed rice or churmuri or murmura. This girmit snack recipe is extremely popular in Hubli-Dharwad region of Karnataka also know as masala puffed rice or north karnataka mandakki upkari in other places. Its usually eaten with Menasinakayi bajji.
Hey, I really don’t know the history of this dish and how it is connected with my Hubli-dharwad city. But we Hubli-dharwadians love this always. Let me introduce my favourite snack -GIRMITT. (MASALA ONION PUFFED RICE). You can have Girmit recipe/masala puffed rice using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Girmit recipe/masala puffed rice
- It’s 3 cups of murmure.
- Prepare 5 of green chilli paste.
- You need 2 cups of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tamarind paste.
- You need 1tsp of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander leaves.
- You need 1tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 cup of Fried Gram(puttana powder).
- You need 1 cup of Sev.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Urad dal.
- It’s 2 of Peanut seeds.
- Prepare 2 of Jaggery.
Girmit is simple, quick to prepare snack item equally savored by people of all age group. ಗಿರ್ಮಿಟ್ north karnataka mandakki upkariA popular spicy north karnataka street food recipe prepared from puffed rice o. Masala Puffed Rice or Spicy Garlic Puffed Rice recipe also known as Bellulli Mandakki ( Bellulli=Garlic, Mandakki=Puffed rice) is a favorite tea time snack for North Kannadigas prepared using thin puffed rice, peanuts, roasted gram, green chili, curry leaves, garlic and few other spices. Spicy Masala Puffed Rice is also known by different names like bellulli mandakki ,khara puri, khara.
Girmit recipe/masala puffed rice instructions
- Take a pan add oil heat it add urad dal, peanut seeds fry it nicely add mustard seeds, Cumin seeds,curry leaves green chillies chopped, onion,tomato fry it nicely and add turmeric powder, tamarind paste,salt,jaggery, coriander leaves mix and fry nicely until done.
- Finally add onion curry,fried gram(puttana powder) with murmure mix and garnish with coriander leaves, onion,sev..
Masala Puffed Rice Recipe (Spicy Murmura Recipe) – Spicy and tasty masala puffed rice recipe with steps. Learn how to make masala puffed rice also known as masala murmura recipe as tea time snack. If you love Indian street food then you already adore puffed rice. Girmitt (Puffed rice with onion masala) T ried and tasted by Nivedita. Hi All, One of regular food in North Karnataka.