Tres Leches Cake. This cake is made with three layers: Cake, filling, and topping. This is an excellent cake for milk lovers! For the tres leches: Combine the heavy cream, evaporated milk and condensed milk in a small pitcher.
Moist, flavorful and deeply rich, our Tres Leches Cake with Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Yellow Cake Mix makes it simple to impress. Sweetened condensed milk, whole milk and whipping cream are the traditional “three milks” in our Tres Leches Cake ingredients. Mix and pour into “poke” holes in the cake to create the iconic flavor. You can have Tres Leches Cake using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tres Leches Cake
- You need 1 box of Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Cake Mix (prepare box directions).
- You need 1 can of Condensed Milk.
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated Milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of Dulce de Leche/ Leche Quemada.
- It’s 1 of Cool Whip.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans (optional).
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Tres Leches Cake is an authentic Mexican cake soaked in three kinds of milk, topped with whipped cream and cinnamon. Sheet Cake desserts are a fun and easy way to make desserts to serve for a crowd and even easier to decorate! Tres leches means “three milks.” This cake gets its name because it uses three kinds of milk—evaporated, condensed and cream.
Tres Leches Cake instructions
- Preheat oven per cake box directions in a 13×9 inch baking pan.
- In a separate bowl add condensed milk, evaporated milk, and Dulce de Leche and mix well. Refrigerate..
- Prepare butter recipe cake mix per box directions and ingredients..
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Bake cake per box directions..
- Remove cake from oven when done and poke holes all over the cake. Be sure they are large enough for liquid to seep in..
- Refrigerate cake until thoroughly cooled..
- When cake is cooled remove cake and milk mixture from the fridge..
- Stir the milk mixture thoroughly until well incorporated. Pour the milk mixture into the cake holes..
- Top with the whipped topping and add nuts on top for garnish. I also like to drizzle the dulce de leche on top as garnish as well..
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Its best if it sets over night. Enjoy!.
This cake’s light and airy texture has made it a classic in Mexican kitchens for generations. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen This Mexican dessert is a fluffy vanilla cake filled with condensed milk and topped with a homemade vanilla whipped cream frosting. Served with sliced fruit, this tres leches will impress everyone! Tres leches literally means, “three milks” and tres leches cake is an ultra light sponge cake soaked in a sweet milk mixture. Tres leches cake is a popular cake in Mexico and Latin America. It really wouldn’t be a Cinco de Mayo celebration this easy cake recipe!