Fish in a Pita. Ingredients of Fish in a Pita. Guide to Make Fish in a Pita. To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components.
Add mayonnaise, tomatoes, Cucumber to taste in the pita slice. Build The Greek Pita Fish Sandwich. Cut the pita breads in semicircles. You can cook Fish in a Pita using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish in a Pita
- You need 12 ounces of pollock filets see my recipe fried fish for breading.
- Prepare As needed of vegetable oil to medium fry in.
- Prepare 1 of medium Cucumber.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes.
- It’s To taste of kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of dill weed.
- Prepare 4 slices of pita Bread.
- Prepare To taste of red wine/ malt vinegar.
- You need As needed of mayonnaise.
With your non-dominant hand, press down on each semicircle. With your dominant hand and using a chef’s knife, slice it open, cutting it almost all the way through. In a large bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, broccoli and onions. In a small bowl, add the tuna and ranch dressing.
Fish in a Pita step by step
- Heat the oil and fry the fish. For the breading it’s a cornmeal /flour mixture.
- Wash and peel the Cucumber in a striped peeling way..
- Thinly slice the Cucumber and add the salt..
- Sprinkle with dill weed..
- Wash and slice the tomatoes..
- Add salt and pepper along with the dill weed..
- Toast the pita Bread. Then slice in half..
- Add mayonnaise, tomatoes, Cucumber to taste in the pita slice..
- Add the fish filet. I found it worked out better by slicing the fish into pieces. add the vinegar..
Add the tuna mixture to the lettuce mixture and stir to combine. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, cheese, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Dunk each fillet in the egg, so that is it well coated, then dredge each filet in the panko mixture.