Ken’s Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe. Add to sugar both eggs, vanilla and almond extract. The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Follow recipe above to prepare dough. You can cook Ken’s Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ken’s Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe
- Prepare 1/2 c of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 3/4 c of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 c of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 c of butter, softened.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 2 1/4 c of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of coarse sea salt.
- It’s 18 oz of chips or morsels, any combination.
In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together cream butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
Ken’s Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Combine dark brown, brown, and granule sugar in a bowl with softened butter, beat on low to medium until creamed..
- Add to sugar both eggs, vanilla and almond extract. If you don’t have almond extract, use 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Beat together until blended..
- Add flour, baking soda, and coarse sea salt into sifter and sift together, into wet mix..
- Mix together BY HAND! Do not overmix.
- Add chips (I like chocolate and butterscotch chips!) And mix til consistently distributed. Spoon onto parchment paper 1 tablespoon at a time (size of picture makes 60 cookies!).
- Bake at 350°F for 11-15 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly before eating. They also save well for up to a week enclosed on your counter but we’ve never been able to keep them around that long!.
I made chocolate chip cookies using recipes from celebrity chefs Duff Goldman, Alton Brown, and Martha Stewart to see which was the best. Brown’s super precise recipe resulted in delicious, fluffy. Chewy chocolate chip cookies with crisp edges, a rich, buttery, toffee-like flavor, big chocolate chunks, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Looking for something a bit faster and less labor-intensive? Try these quick and easy chocolate chip cookies, instead.