Katori Chaat Recipe. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Layer the bigger strainer with one portion of the grated potatoes. Place the other strainer over the potato layer and press lightly.
These are then filled with the quintessential chaat ingredients like boiled chana (chickpeas), potatoes, spicy and sweet chutneys, curd, chaat masala etc. Grease a katori, roll the dough in a circle, place katori in the center and wrap the dough around it. In the heated oil drop the katori wrapped with dough and fry it. You can cook Katori Chaat Recipe using 18 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Katori Chaat Recipe
- It’s of for katoris:.
- You need 2&1/2 cups of : plain flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of : baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of :ajwain.
- Prepare 1 tsp of :salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of :water.
- Prepare of :oil for frying.
- It’s of stuffing for 10 katoris.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Boiled and Fried potatoes.
- You need 1.5 cups of Chopped tomatoes without pulp.
- It’s 1.5 cups of Boiled Garbanzo beans (Safed chole).
- You need 1.5 cups of Chopped Onions.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of Sprouts.
- It’s 2 cups of Beaten curd/yogurt.
- You need 1 cup of Green Chutney.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Red chilli powder (to sprinkle on top of chaat.
- You need 2 teaspoon of Chaat Masala (to sprinkle on top of chaat).
- You need 1/2 cup of Sev.
Oil will start filling up in the katori, BE CAREFUL. Using a tong carefully remove the dough from the katori and after draining all the oil pull the katori out. For Chaat: In bowl,add chickpeas,potatoes,green lentil gram,onion,tomato,green chilies,salt,chaat masala and mix well. Katori Chaat is the most appetizing chaat there is out there.
Katori Chaat Recipe instructions
- Knead dough with, flour, salt, ajwain, water..
- Make small balls and roll in small round shape.
- Grease the bowl and wrap the dough around it, prick the bottom it stops it from puffing..
- Heat oil..
- In the heated oil drop the katori wrapped with dough and fry it..
- Oil will start filling up in the katori, BE CAREFUL. Using a tong carefully remove the dough from the katori and after draining all the oil pull the katori out. DO NOT TOUCH, it’s still hot. Keep frying the dough shaped katori in oil till golden and crisp on medium to high flame..
- Once brown remove from oil and drain it on a paper towel..
- Assembling katoris.
- Chop boiled potatoes and fry them till golden brown. Instead of frying you can bake the potatoes..
- Remove pulp from tomatoes and chop them..
- Assemble all the ingredients and let’s begin filling up these goodies….
- Place katori on a clean plate….
- Pour 1 tablespoon green chutney at the base of the katori….
- Add 1 tablespoon tamarind chutney….
- Add 1 tablespoon curd….
- Add 1 tablespoon boiled chickpeas, sprinkle a pinch of salt…..
- Add 1 tablespoon fried potatoes…..
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped onions…..
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes, sprinkle a pinch of salt…..
- Add 1 tablespoon curd…..
- Add 1 teaspoon green chutney, tamarind chutney, pepper and chat masala. Since we have added salt earlier so you can pass on the salt and chaat masala and chutneys will take care of the salt content..
- Top with sev and chopped cilantro and serve!!.
It tastes even more incredible because of it’s sweet, sour and spicy flavors combined with lots of crunchy papri. Watch this Masala TV video to learn how to make Katori Chaat , Aalu chicken Samosa and Pineapple Barfi Recipes. Pressure cook on low medium heat. Turn off the stove after one whistle and let the pressure release. The Katori chaat – کٹوری چاٹ – कटोरी चाट – variants are all based on fried dough, with various other ingredients.