Rabbit fish in coconut #charity recipe#. Rabbit fish in coconut #charity recipe# Kezengwa Irene Mombasa, Kenya Rabbit fish is commonly known as “taffi” at the kenyan coast. A delicacy amongst the coastal tribes because of its steak, and fewer bones as compared to other fish kinds. Once it’s dry, add the coconut milk + water and bring to a boil.
Rabbit meat is very low in fat and can be dry-tasting, so it marries well with coconut cream. It is best to cook the rabbit gently till it is falling off the bone. This Curry of Salted Rabbit Fish with Moringa leaves is a mild curry which is flavoured with coconut milk, turmeric and cinnamon. You can cook Rabbit fish in coconut #charity recipe# using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rabbit fish in coconut #charity recipe#
- It’s 500 kg of fresh fish cuts, deep fried.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh heavy coconut milk.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes blended.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
It is a creamy curry which is full of nutty flavour. Traditionally served with freshly steamed rice and a cucumber salad. Try the pineapple ginger smoothie to soothe the palette from the spiciness.” The salted rabbit fish is slow cooked in a sauce made up of ripe tomatoes , green peppers, onions, flavoured with garlic , ginger and fresh herbs to create a mouth-watering dish which is robust in flavour and traditionally served with boiled rice accompanied with a chilli sauce. There are two possible sources for the rougay.
Rabbit fish in coconut #charity recipe# step by step
- In a pot heat some oil for frying, use the same one used in deep frying. Add onions then garlic fry till soft..
- Add the blended tomatoes, turmeric and some salt, simmer on low medium heat for a few minutes..
- Pour in your coconut milk and give it a quick mix. Let it simmer briefly..
- Once ready, switch off. Serve as desired..
Boiled and diced octopus (zourit) cooked in coconut milk and curry powder with a whole lot of added spices like garlic, ginger and eggplant. Every family has its own style of cooking it. (Joe Laurence, Seychelles News Agency) Photo License: CC-BY Grilled fish (pwason griye) – red snapper (bourzwa) of the rabbit fish “There are a lot of fish that Palauans like to eat. I think the rabbit fish (meas) is certainly a favorite fish. And most of the reef fish, especially algae-eating types of fish—surgeon fish (chum) or the parrot fish (kemeduckl, and the poll unicorn fish (cherangel). Walnuts are high in fat, not fiber, which can cause your rabbit uncomfortable indigestion.