Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake 🍰. What is Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake? It is a creative mashup of Rasmalai sweet and Tres leches cake – A cardamom scented sponge cake is soaked with the saffron and cardamom flavored three milks. It is then topped with a homemade ricotta whipped frosting.
Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake 🍰 instructions. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder; whisk and set aside. Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. You can have Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake 🍰 using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake 🍰
- It’s of Sponge Cake recipe: Anna Olson.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 & 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 5 of Eggs, yolks and whites separated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar –, divided into 1/4 cups.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Milk.
- You need of For the Milk mixture:.
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated Milk.
- It’s 1 can Dessert Cream of Condensed Milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Elaichi.
- You need a few strands of Saffron.
- You need few drops of Rose essence.
- You need of To assemble:.
- Prepare 500 ml of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Castor Sugar.
- It’s of Dried, edible rose petals.
- It’s of Pistachios, chopped or slivered.
The sponge cake is pure perfection, just airy enough to soak in all the goodness of the three milks mixture without turning soggy or deflated. The tres leches mixture, generously infused with the sweet notes of saffron and the fragrant notes of cardamom, brings this Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake to life! And the mildly sweet whipped cream topping. Grease a loaf tin and line with baking paper.
Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake 🍰 step by step
- For the Sponge Cake: Preheat your oven to 175•C grease square or rectangle cake tin. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder; whisk and set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and 1/4cup sugar until frothy and pale yellow..
- Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. Gently add the flour mixture to the egg yolk mixture and stir until just combined. Beat egg whites on high speed. When soft peaks begin to form, add in remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Beat the egg whites until stiff..
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Pour batter into the cake tin. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Once the cake is baked through, pull it out of the oven, cool for 10 min in cake tin. Leave to cool on stand..
- For the Milk Mixture:- While the cake is baking, bring the cream, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and milk to a slow boil. Take it off the heat. Use about two tablespoons of hot milk to soak the saffron strands for 10 minutes. Then add the saffron back to the milk mixture. Add in the Elaichi & rose essence cover the pot and allow the flavours of saffron,rose and Elaichi to infuse into the milks as the mixture cools..
- To assemble:- Once the cake has cooled completely, use a skewer or fork to pierce the cake surface all over. Then, slowly drizzle the milk mixture on top of the cake, and watch in awe as it soaks through. Leave aside for 30 minutes..
- Beat the whipping cream and sugar on high speed until soft peaks form and the cream is of frosting consistency. When most of the milk has been absorbed, slather/pipe the whipping cream on to the cake and finish off with dried rose petals and pistachios. Chill for a few hours. Then slice and serve! Enjoy 😊.
Mix the yoghurt, sugar,vanilla extract in a bowl until lump free. Lightly whisk in the baking powder and soda bicarb until the mixture becomes frothy. Eggless Tres Leches Cake: Tres Leches means “three milks” in Spanish. Tres Leches cake is a type of cake, where you bake the cake and soak it in a mixture of sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and heavy cream and then top it with whipped cream frosting. The process does take a little bit of time and effort.