Best ever soft choc chip cookies. The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Add the chocolate chips and incorporate with your hands. There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredients of Best ever soft choc chip cookies
- Prepare 250 g of butter.
- You need 250 g of sugar.
- You need 1 can of condensed milk.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda (not in the Origanal recipe, but it does improve the cookie slightly).
- It’s 500 g of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 of vanilla pod.
Brown sugar yields soft chocolate chip cookies and white sugar helps the cookies spread. For chewier and more flavorful cookies, use more brown sugar than white sugar. Stir in the chocolate chips with a large spoon or rubber spatula. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Best ever soft choc chip cookies instructions
- Cream butter and sugar well, cut open vanilla pod and scrape out the paste into the creamed butter and sugar. Add the condensed milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda). A little at a time. Mix well.. add choc chips.
- Roll into teaspoon full into balls / flatten with fork slightly OR.
- Just place in your hand and make a fist, flatten a bit with a fork.
- Bake @ 180 degrees C for about 10 -15 minutes. The longer you bake, the crispier the cookie..
- Allow to cool slightly on the sheet then remove to a cooling rack. Makes +- 72 cookies.
I’ve been looking for a perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe to bake at elevation for years. The search for a chocolate chip recipe is over. These cookies are the tiniest bit crispy on the outside and so soft and chewy on the inside. Just a few super-smart substitutions can yield the best chewy chocolate chip cookies ever made. Alton Brown is a mad baking genius and we are here for it.