Recipe Easy orange chicken. In a pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. Roast the chicken pieces until they’re cooked through.
How to make Easy Orange Chicken: Combine the orange juice and chicken. Add the flour and spices and toss to coat. How to make orange chicken: First, place the chicken pieces in a bowl. You can cook Easy orange chicken using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy orange chicken
- Prepare of for the sauce:.
- Prepare 1 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- You need 2 tablespoons of water.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of red chili flakes (optional).
- Prepare of Orange zest from one orange.
- You need of Prepare fried boneless wings (see my recipe).
- It’s of Garnish: green onions (optional).
Toss to coat the chicken in cornstarch mixture. Easy Orange Chicken This Easy Orange Chicken cooks quickly in a skillet (no deep frying!) and uses only real, fresh ingredients. It’s sticky, sweet and tangy infused with orange juice, orange marmalade and a splash of lemon juice for plenty. Orange chicken is small bite-sized pieces of chicken that have been breaded and fried and then coated in a tangy, orange sauce.
Easy orange chicken step by step
- Prepare chicken nuggets/ boneless wings (see my recipe).
- In medium sauce pan combine juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger garlic and chili flakes and cook on medium for 3 minutes..
- In separate bowl mix water and cornstarch. Pour cornstarch and water mixture into the orange sauce in the pan and continue cooking 5 minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat and add in orange zest if you wish..
- Toss chicken in sauce and garnish with green onions or zest if you wish and serve! Pairs great with fried or white rice and homemade crab rangoons (see my recipe for rangoons).
The sauce has a strong orange flavor with sweet and salty and a little bit of heat. You do not want the pieces to be too big. Toss the chicken pieces in a bowl and coat with the flour, corn starch, black pepper, onion powder, salt and ginger powder. Dip pieces of chicken in the egg and then cover in flour/cornstarch. Add a thin layer of oil to a frying pan and turn your stove on medium/high heat.