Vickys Jerk Chicken & Mango ‘Burgers’. Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, You can spice this up or down according to your personal taste but jerk is meant to be HOT! Great served with a cool man. more Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook Scotland Spread chicken in one layer. Serve immediately with rice, salad or plantains.
Crush the jerk seasoning ingredients together with a pestle and mortar or combine them in a spice grinder. You can multiply the recipe and store the seasoning in a sealed jar. Seafood Jambalaya shrimp, scallops, crawfish and Andouille sausage with. You can cook Vickys Jerk Chicken & Mango ‘Burgers’, GF DF EF SF NF using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Jerk Chicken & Mango ‘Burgers’,
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tsp of jerk seasoning from recipe below.
- Prepare 2 of each limes, juiced.
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 4 of bread rolls – see my profile for Vickys gluten-free Quick Bread for a recipe*.
- You need 4 tbsp of mayonnaise – see my profile for a free-from recipe*.
- It’s 2 of ripe mango, peeled, stoned and sliced.
- You need 2 of tomatoes, sliced.
- It’s as needed of shredded lettuce.
- You need of Jerk Seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of black peppercorns, toasted.
- You need 2 tsp of allspice berries, toasted.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
This jerk chicken marinade is full of the warm spices of cinnamon and allspice, along with garlic, lime, brown sugar, soy sauce and of course chillies. I wanted this to be a family meal that we could all enjoy so I only used one chilli and not a scotch bonnet as would have been traditional. Here is how you can achieve it. The Jerk Chicken was good, but I’m sure it would’ve been better if I had ate it fresh.
Vickys Jerk Chicken & Mango ‘Burgers’, instructions
- Crush the jerk seasoning ingredients together with a pestle and mortar or combine them in a spice grinder. You can multiply the recipe and store the seasoning in a sealed jar.
- Mix the oil, jerk seasoning and the juice from 1 of the limes together.
- Flatten the chicken slightly by placing each breast between sheets of cling film and bash them with a rolling pin. Don’t go crazy, just take them to a uniform thickness so they cook evenly.
- Toss the chicken in the marinade and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan and cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Toast the buns on the cut sides.
- Spread each bun with a tablespoon of mayo then assemble with the chicken, mango, lettuce and tomato, squeezing the leftover lime juice over before putting the bun tops on.
- Here are my eggless mayo and gluten-free bread recipes. Bun directions are included https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332798-vickys-eggless-mayonnaise-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338020-vickys-quick-white-oven-bread-with-variations-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
Overall it was a good experience, and the staff was very home friendly. Vickys Jerk Beef Stew GF DF EF SF NF Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, vickys jerk beef stew gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty.